Silent Nitrous

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Deadeye

Silent Nitrous

Post by Deadeye »

hey guys, i need a code to make nitrous but make it sound like the vehicle itself.i need a ssm code for the black medal to have nitrous on right click.
Thanks in advance guys
Rensa

Re: Silent Nitrous

Post by Rensa »

Hey mate.. since none have replyed let me try..
The code you are using is this i presurme..

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.Active BlackMedal
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate KatyushaRocket_Engine
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setRotation 0/0/0

ObjectTemplate.Active KatyushaRocket_Engine
ObjectTemplate.setAutomaticReset 1
ObjectTemplate.setInputToRoll c_PIAltFire
ObjectTemplate.setEngineType c_ETPlane
ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed 0/0/100000
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 0/0/100000
ObjectTemplate.setTorque 50.0
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 30.0
As you may see that the "KatyushaRocket_engine" (planes engine) is creating that noise.. Which means you have to edit the objects.rfa where its noise is located C:\Users\Rensa Meelis\Desktop\objects\vehicles\land\katyusharocket\sounds
And then open another folder next to it named: C:\Users\Rensa Meelis\Desktop\objects\vehicles\land\schwimmwagen\sounds NOTE: replace scwimmiwagen with the vehicle u want to end the noise from!
Now... Simply replace the katyusha engine sound: katyusharocketengine.ssc with the kubelwagenengine.ssc NOTE: Make the kubelwagensengine name SAME AS KATYUSHAROCETSENGINES like kubelwagenengine.ssc = katyusharocketengine.ssc
You also notice that there are folders name "mid" also rename those and replace.. which = that the katyusharocketengine is now with your cars NOICE!! It worked for me so please reply.. :D

NOTE: AFTER EDITING MAKE IT Objects_001.rfa
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The current version of the game does not load a Objects_001.rfa patch. You must either change the main objects rfa without renaming it or make your changes via active commands in your maps.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
ZOOMER

Post by ZOOMER »

Messing with the local files...this sounds like this will open the door to sound hacking.

The enemy footsteps or reload sound for weapons could use this idea.

Now I know how some of the players knew I was coming/in the vicinity.

I'll go test this.
Rensa

Post by Rensa »

Apache Thunder wrote:The current version of the game does not load a Objects_001.rfa patch. You must either change the main objects rfa without renaming it or make your changes via active commands in your maps.
Whoops i told him Objects_001.rfa ?? Hehehe I forgot that i handle texture files that way xD