Adjustable ingame menu resolution

If you know something thats not in here please share it
freddy

Adjustable ingame menu resolution

Post by freddy »

There have been cases over the years when the game wont start because some videocards doesnt support the resolution of 800x600. It seems often to be a case of laptops with inbuilt Intel graphics that suffers from this.

The problem is that the startscreen menu is hard-coded for 800x600 and so this gives the fault message "invalid videomode specified" and the game shuts down with no further notice.

In an effort to try and solve this problem ivé made some changes in the BF1942.exe (courtesy to tuia for help) so that the menu resolution now adjust and uses the same resolution that the game is set to. If you change resolution ingame its not immediate, but it needs a restart for changes to take place.

This file can also be used by everyone that wants a bigger ingame-menu for what ever reason.

Download and extract the file, locate and replace the standard with the modified file. As always its good practice to make a backup of your original file.

Observe that if you dont have any game-startup problems, but just want the bigger menu, then you can skip this step with manual file editing.
Locate the Video.con file in your game, example "C:\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\Profiles\your-profile-name and make the changes there (laptops often use 1366x768).

Search words for webcrawlers: bf42 invalid videomode specified

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwpDLm54g6Y
-
Attachments
BF1942.zip
This is the modified BF1942.exe v1.61 zipped
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 1473 times
Put in your desired resolution, laptops often use 1366x768
Put in your desired resolution, laptops often use 1366x768
Awe3423

Re: Adjustable ingame menu resolution

Post by Awe3423 »

Appreciate the help here, was always curious about this. I am using an Acer Predator I didn't have a problem with this because I have a 1920x1080 resolution, but my brother is using a low-end laptop and having the same problem. Nantucket's longest standing real estate brokerage